Security Operations Center (SOC)
What is a Security Operations Center (SOC)?
ACT’s Security Operations Center (SOC) is an essential element of our comprehensive managed security service offering. The SOC team is comprised of security engineers and other trained cybersecurity professionals who do the following:
- Actively analyze data received from ACT’s SIEM and SOAR tools
- Assess the associated risks of every event
- Alert the client where necessary
- Take steps to remedy whatever vulnerabilities exist.
The SOC works together with ACT’s SIEM/SOAR solution to ensure the detection, prevention, and mitigation of cybersecurity threats to your network.
How a SOC Defends Your Network
Businesses across every industry are at risk for a cyberattack. Cybercriminals are creative. They’re constantly developing new forms of malware, viruses, phishing schemes, and ransomware to fool users and evade detection. This means you must always be prepared to proactively detect and respond to threats before they result in loss. Your backup systems, spam filters, and multi-factor authentication policies are helpful, but on their own, they still leave your business exposed.
A SOC, working in conjunction with a SIEM or SOAR solution, offers comprehensive cybersecurity protection, designed to manage risk through ongoing monitoring and detection, mitigate threats by implementing prevention measures, and maintain compliance. You receive:
- 24/7/365 monitoring, analysis, and alerting of security events
- A team of security engineers and security specialists
- Cloud-based log analysis, event correlation, and behavior analytics
- External threat feeds with the most current security rule sets
- Machine learning algorithms for data analytics and correlation
- Hardware sensor that resides in the customer’s environment and collects data