Managed Security Services = 360° Protection
I’m Already a Managed IT Services Client. Aren’t I Protected?
As a Managed IT Services client, you are already receiving a wide range of technology services that keep your network running efficiently and protect you from basic threats. For example, your agreement includes a selection of security solutions, such as 24/7 monitoring, proactive maintenance, patch management, and managed anti-virus software protection.
The problem is that cybercrime is on the rise, hackers are getting more creative and aggressive, and unfortunately, your employees are your greatest vulnerability due to human nature. An advanced security solution is needed to provide 360° coverage of your network, data, and all connected devices and peripherals.
What is Included in a Managed Security Service Package?
ACT’s advanced security solutions take security to the next level. Building off the SOC and SIEM foundations, we use a Security Operations Center (SOC) and Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools to manage risk through ongoing monitoring and detection, mitigate threats by implementing prevention measures, and maintain compliance.
A Security Operations Center (SOC) is an essential element of a comprehensive security offering. The SOC team is comprised of trained security specialists and security engineers. These security experts actively analyze data that has been aggregated by the SIEM tools, assess the associated risks of every event, and take steps to remedy any vulnerabilities that may exist. Should the SIEM tools detect an abnormality, the SOC team is immediately notified so they can begin remediation and defend against the threat.
Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tools analyze and filter data to tell you who did what, when, and from where. Here are some examples of what our SIEM tools do:
- Aggregate large volumes of data from network devices, servers, domain controllers, and more
- Monitor events in a real-time environment
- Analyze data to detect patterns and suspicious activity
- Detect if someone is trying to break in, before they gain access to your data
- Automatically shut down access to vulnerable areas in the event of a breach or attempted breach
- Alert security specialists at the SOC
And we don’t stop there. ACT offers nearly two dozen solutions that help you proactively defend your network, including Dark Web Monitoring, Disk Encryption, and Multi-Factor Authentication.
The chart below lists the available security services you may wish to discuss with your Account Manager.
How Widespread Are Security Breaches Among Small and Medium-Sized Businesses?
71% of breaches are financially motivated, and hackers greatly profit when they sell your company’s data on the Dark Web. You likely store credit card numbers, bank account numbers, identifying information about your customers, patents, and more on your network. They are all of great value to a cybercriminal.
Here are a few recent statistics you should be aware of:
- Data breaches exposed 4.1 billion records in the first half of 2019 (and the numbers are rising).
- 94% of malware was delivered by email in 2019.
- One of the top malicious email attachment types is .doc, the extension used by Microsoft Word. Most employees say they would not hesitate to open these files.
- 60% of breaches involved vulnerabilities for which a patch was available but not applied.
- Attacks on IoT devices (in essence, any device connected to the internet) tripled in the first half of 2019 (and things only got worse in 2020).
- 61% of organizations have experienced a security incident in the past five years.
What Does it Cost?
Your Account Manager can help you determine which services are most appropriate and beneficial to your business. Should you desire ongoing Managed Security Services, it can seamlessly be added to your coverage.
Three Easy Ways to Get Started
- Contact your Account Manager
- Call our office: 973-758-0500 (press 1 for Sales Team)
- Email us